Friday, August 8, 2014

Hello friends and family ,
I've written a letter to each one of my supporters explaining my next season , come this September . I wanted to share with everyone who not only supports me but prays and keeps track of my missions and what I do here at ywam sf. I don't think everyone knows yet that in September I will be moving to Ventura , CA and will be living there , close to my boyfriend . I'm so excited and more so that god totally was preparing my heart for this move and transition out of ywam.  I wanted to share a little back history - last September when I was leading my first dts I felt The Lord tell me that this was my last school , I was really confused and didn't know what that meant , was I suppose to change ministries ? Leave ywam ? I had no clue and God , knowing how much I can handle at once was only sharing that information to me , I spent the next couple months seeking The Lord and  asking what that meant - still after the school ended late February I still had no clue so I decided to work with a ministry here called because justice matters ( bjm ) and committed to help with the children and family's portion of bjm until september . Right around that time I also met my boyfriend who is brothers of a staff member here at ywam sf. I had known him for a couple years now and that last February when he was visiting his brother we went on our first date . I knew he was something special and began to date . He lives in Ventura and works there as well . We've been long distance since then. Around late may I felt like The Lord was telling me after my commitment ends in September I was to move to Ventura to be closer to Erik ( my boyfriend ) . I asked my mentors to pray about this too along with Erik - they all felt like this was from The Lord and of course I was very excited to be closet to him as well!
I've been working full time with bjm as a dance teacher , it's been such a blessing working with the girls in the tenderloin and building relationships with them ! I'll continue to work with ywam and bjm until  September 5th which is our fundraiser for the women's center which our dance studio is located at . Then the next day I'll move down to Southern California ! Don't worry I'll always stay a giants fan ;)
I already have a little studio/ in-law unit secured to live and am still looking for a job . I hope to find a job that I can use all my ywam experience in . Please keep me in your prayers!!!
Thank you all for the last 5 years of prayer and support since I've been on staff  with ywam sf.

No comments: