Monday, May 10, 2010

May.....

Hey everyone,
Guess what? A short time ago I wrote about spring teams starting and how I'm looking forward to that....well spring teams are over now and summer is just around the corner. We have had some interesting things going on around the base. Last month one of our staff members heart just stopped beating in the middle of work. Some of our staff performed CPR on her and shortly after she was rushed to the hospital and had heart surgery, she is doing better now but still recovering at her sisters house in LA. This was really scary for us who work here, also, it made us realize we should all be certified in a CPR course.

Just this last week about 30 people flew and drove in for a WAVES , Mission adventures conference. Each year the northern bases gather up for a conference to talk about mission adventures and how we can better serve the students that come to our bases. Every other year we have a WAVES conference internationally , last year they went to Germany. ( I came a month after so I missed that little gathering.. ) It was really exciting to see other people going through the same things that you go through during MA. Monday I spent all day picking people up from the airport and preparing for the conference. Then we spent Tue-Fri 7am-10pm in conference meetings,ministries,praying and worshiping. It was a fun filled week. Tomorrow Tia and I are meeting Kaitlyn in Southern California for the Urban Youth Workers conference for a week. When I return I will have 2 weeks until my Summer of service staff get here.I'm super excited for the short term summer staff. I am the coordinator this year and as time is getting near it is seeming more and more real.

Hope all is well. Please keep Mission Adventures in your prayers: that God will bring the right staff and summer of service short term staff here and that God will prepare these students hearts before they come this summer. We will have around 100 students each week during the summer. WOW! Prayer for my family that they will find a more stable place to live and for my monthly income to increase as well as I will be more focused with my gifts God gave me.

No comments: